Friday, January 4, 2013

Trip to Haiti to Help in Clinics and Teach First Aid

Hi everyone!  My name is Kelsey Row and I am a biochemistry major at Connecticut College.  This March I will be traveling to Croix des Bouquets, Haiti with my friend Shannon Brady to assist in medical clinics and provide first aid training to teachers and school workers. 

We will be doing this work with the Haitian American Caucus- Haiti.  HAC- Haiti works to improve the quality of life for Haitians by coordinating volunteers in several different projects.  For 10 days, Shannon and I will be living above HAC- Haiti's primary school with several other volunteers involved in a variety of different service projects.
For more information about HAC- Haiti, please visit their website:  http://hac-haiti.org/

Shannon and I would like to bring educational materials concerning first aid and emergency medicine to Haiti, and also put together basic first aid kits to leave with each of the schools.  To do this we need your help!  Any and all donations would be greatly appreciated, and all money raised will go directly into purchasing educational first aid materials and medical supplies.

Please consider donating by pressing the "donate" button in the upper right of this page.  It is so important for us to bring as many medical supplies and educational materials as possible.  Anything at all is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey,
    I was wondering how it would be possible to volunteer for this program. I'm an EMT as well. I volunteer in Croton on Hudson, NY. I'm a sophomore at SUNY Maritime college. If you could get back to me with any info at all, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    -Ben Goldsmith

    ReplyDelete